Sunday 20 July 2014

Murder on the Moon (1989)

Murder on the Moon is a crime/sci-fi TV movie from 1989, the plot of which is that after a nuclear war on Earth, the Soviet Union and the U.S. both establish outposts on the moon. When a murder occurs, both U.S. and Soviet investigators are forced to work on the case together.
 
 
Now if that's familiar but the name is not then you may have seen it in the US under the titles: Murder by Moonlight or  Murder in Space.  Not to be confused with Murder In Space (1985) of which I might blog later.
Thanks to a reminder by faithful blog follower Tim, I now remember having watched this back in the day.  I don't remember it being all that good but then I don't actually remember too much about it at all.


It's a little bit more interesting to me now as I can see that those are the suits from Outland that have gone on to have quite a long career for a post 70's spacesuit.
 
Steve

2 comments:

  1. I found an interesting costume rental site that has some nice pics of the ibm codenauts helmet plus the ones from soldier,firefly and space above and beyond
    http://www.globaleffects.com/C_c09_frameset.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Tim, I think I may have linked this site on some past post but I can't for the life of me remember which one. If not, I've certainly been admiring their handy work for a while. As well as the ones you've listed, I've a feeling that same company did the suits for Austin Powers II

    ReplyDelete